Learn to piece a LAP/BABY SIZE
48"x57"quilt top together with the YELLOW BRICK ROAD
pattern by Terry Atkinson. This is a wonderful pattern for a beginner quilter to learn many valuable quilt piecing techniques.
Materials for class should be purchased in advance of the class.
1. Yellow Brick Road Pattern.
2. All Fabric according to pattern information for lap/baby size quilt top.Techniques taught:
- Picking out fabrics
- Preparing fabrics
- Cutting strips
- Use of Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat with safety
- Learn what a 1/4 inch seam really is
- Understanding fabric design composition and lay out
- Piecing units together
- Accurate measurements
- Arranging blocks
- Stitching Blocks together
- Pressing techniques
- Attaching borders
This is an all day work shop that begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. There will be an hour lunch break from noon - 1 p.m. You may bring your lunch or go out to eat.Requirements and Supplies needed:
Tables, cutting mats, irons and ironing boards will be provided.
- Pattern Yellow Brick Road (pattern gives amounts of fabric needed for LAP/BABY SIZE project)
- Rotary cutter 45mm size
- Rotary cutting ruler at least a 6x12 inch ruler
- Fabric for project (if purchased through The Fabric Merchant receive a 15% discount on fabric and supplies only.)
- Thread for project
- Sewing machine in good working order. (Bring Manual) This is important for your personal sewing machine to be in good working order.
- 1/4 inch presser foot (optional)
- New size 14 needle
- Fabric Scissors and small thread trimming scissors
- Sewing accessories (pins, marking pens or pencils, seam gauge, etc